St.Georgi ChurchDobrich, Bulgaria
St. Georgi Church is built in 1842 and is the oldest Orthodox Church in the town of Dobrich. It is located in downtown, near the ethnographic museum of Dobrich. During the Crimean War (1853-1856) the church was burned down and was restored to its present form in 1864. The building has a height of 12 meters only, because at the time of its construction there was a law that prohibits the Orthodox churches to rise higher than the Islamic mosques. The church has very beautiful and well painted facade. The Iconography in the church date back to 1889.