Assumption church of OgnyanovoBlagoevgrad, Bulgaria
The Assumption church in the village of Ognyanovo was built in 1835. It is a three-nave pseudobasilica, half-dug into the ground, with a belfry attached to its western part. The church is built of river stones. The church iconostasis is of the panel type, with a painted vine. The socle panels show scenes from the Shestodnev (Six Days) and the northern wall and the colonnade are covered with murals. Some of the icons date back to 1863. The church in Ognyanovo and is an artistic monument of culture of local significance.