St Nikola churchBlagoevgrad, Bulgaria
St. Nicola church in the village of Kovachevitsa was built in 1848. It is a three-nave pseudobasilica with a large semicircular apse in the east and an external loft in the west. In 1893 a four-floor belfry and a monastery school were built northwest of it and surrounded (together with the church) by a stone wall, thus forming an original architectural ensemble. The church has number of well preserved paintings and icons. The church is an architectural-constructional and artistic monument of culture of national significance.